Paradise Reef - Great Barrier Reef

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Road trip to Mackay






My first road trip was to Mackay, Queensland! Mackay is four hours south of Townsville, but still on the coast. We traveled down through Ayr, Bowen, Proserpine and finally Mackay.






















Mackay hosts horse races throughout the year... and I could use a couple hundred bucks in my pocket!




And all I had to do was serve champagne, and occasionally help myself to a glass :)





The people that attended the horse race got all dress up in their stelletos, bonnets and button-up shirts on this 90 degree day. I was hot in a tank top and shorts never mind walking in stelletos on the grass!





The nightlife was similar to Townsville - wild, crazy outfits. I ever saw a girl wearing a Minnie Mouse costume! What's up with that Australia? .. weird.





We were only there for one day and one night, so it was a quick road trip for some quick money...well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment